Range of IT Services Offered
- Web applications and website design
- Development of MS-Windows applications and components
- SQL Databases
- Graphics, photography, visualizing, GUI solutions
- Consulting / software architecture
- Software development / programming
- Project management
- MS-Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (x86 and x64)
- Server: Linux, Windows
- XML, XSLT
- PHP / Apache
- C#, Visual Basic
- JSP / Tomcat / Servlets / J2SE / J2EE
- Eclipse IDE
- MS Visual Studio
- MS Office
- Corel Draw Graphics Suite
- Browser Developer Tools
- APIs: ADO, OLE DB, ODBC, JDBC
- SQL: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle
- MS-Access, xBase
Products, Standards, Experiences
- DB design (relational databases)
- GUI design, development of complex interactive components
- Creating and deploying Virtual Machines, including a web server, data storage, and a web application on a Debian/Linux system
- Telecommunication: CTI components based on TAPI clients (Windows), TAPI driver tests, consulting TSPI programmers
- Mail: MAPI client development (Windows), low-level SMTP and POP3 implementations (PHP)
- Cryptography: Coding/decoding, authentification, signing, PKI, certificates, smart cards (C++, PHP)
- Graphics: Use of DirectDraw APIs
- Imaging/Photograpy: Image metadata handling (EXIF, IPTC), geocoding, file format internals
- Multithreading: parallel asynchronous processing in interactive C++- and Java applications, web server implementation
- Barcode: Integrating scanners into web application, dynamic barcode generation (PHP)
- ANPR integration (automatic number plate recognition)
- Complex parser development
- Integrating VBA support into Windows application (APC)
- Integrating MS Office components using COM interfaces and VBA programming
- Designing and implementing components: COM/DCOM server and client components, supporting OLE automation
- XML data processing: DOM, SAX, XML schemas, XSLT transformation
- Customized solutions based on MS-Excel and MS-Visio
- HTML5 Canvas programming (2D and WebGL)
- HTML5 WebSockets programming (client and server side)
- Web applications based on PHP / Apache / MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Web applications based on JSP / Tomcat / Java using MVC design patterns
- Java applet and application development
- Writing manuals and online software documentation (HTML, CHM) in German and English language
- Coordination and project management, caring about trainees
Sectors of Business
- Architectural and urban planning
- Property management
- Engineering offices
- Environmental research
- Security services
- Public administration
- Chamber of trade
- Software development
- Semiconductors development and production
- CRM clients
- Internet portals
- Public Transport
- Distributor of electronic parts
- Supplier of construction materials
- Event engineering
- Power plant deconstruction
- Communication electronics manufacturer
- Online advertising
- 2020-2021 PanoradoDoc - developing a web-based documentation system using panoramic images:
Panoramic images are stored within a database representing a hierarchy of spacial objects like locations, buildings, rooms, and camera positions. The application uses interactive panoramic viewers and map viewers. It is configurable to customers' needs to a high extent.
Currently, it is used for documenting changes in time of a nuclear power plant deconstruction project.
Client-side implementation of web server and database server on a Debian/Linux system within a VMware virtual machine.
- 2018, 2020 Redesign & extension of industrial label printing software:
Analysing and refactoring existing design, integrating driver components of two specialized software manufacturers, database functionality, live testing of laser marking hardware.
Environment: C#, MySQL, MS Visual Studio
- 2017 Prototyping for interactive examination training software:
Core components for web app with user & admin functionality, responsive design, online/offline use, security requirements.
- 2016-2020 Long-run maintenance of a facility management system for a public transport company:
Changes, bugfixing, refactoring, end user support.
Environment: MS Visio, VBA, MS SQL Server, SAP, AutoCAD, Crystal Reports
- 2016 Web service for advertising with panoramic presentations:
Design, proof of concept.
- 2013-2015 Interactive web application with database backend
used by a public transport company for statistical analysis:
Tools for data conversion, data import, queries, statistics.
Environment: MS Windows Server 2008, Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL, HTML5, PL/R, Eclipse, ODBC, MS-Excel, SPSS, CliqView
- 2013 Integration of a radio paging system into a web-based access control system:
querying suppliers, implementation of a C++ connector software serving as a web server sending serial/telnet requests to transmitters, live tests, user interface.
Environment: C++, MS-Visual Studio, Windows Sockets-API, Apache, PHP, HTML5, HTTP protocol, POCSAG protocol
- 2013 Integration of an ANPR system
(automatic number plate recognition) into a web-based access control system:
querying ANPR suppliers, IP camera and OCR software configuration, implementation of a C++ connector software for asynchronously connecting IP camera, OCR sofware and web browser, live tests, user interface.
Environment: C++, MS-Visual Studio, Windows Sockets-API, Apache, PHP, HTML5, HTTP protocol, WebSockets protocol
A real platform independent solution for virtually all browsers without the need of any plugins.
Touchscreen and motion detection support for mobile devices.
Environment: Eclipse, Firebug, various HTML5 browsers
- 2012 Database solution for statistical analysis of a railway company:
Database structure for static and dynamic data, import routines, query patterns.
Environment: MS-Access, MS-Excel, VBA, SPSS
- 2011 Windows application for trade fair presentation of smart cards:
Interactive real-time visualisation of key features, performance and usability of new smart card products.
Environment: C++, MS-Visual Studio, Managed (.NET)/Native code, APDU commands, crypto libraries. Inhouse project
- 2006-2016+ Several web applications for a security services company:
Analysing and documentation of existing IT infrastructure.
Developing of security offices software, including barcode handling (scanning, ID cards) and image handling.
Redesign of administrative, resource planning and financial planning software.
Configuration of Linux web servers and Windows workstations, e-mail handling, data security consulting, DATEV interface handling.
- 2009, 2011, 2015+ Customizing the Panorado viewer for industrial facilities documentation:
Presenting group specific data, using hotspot elements within high-resolution panoramic images.
Environment: MS-Windows, Windows-SDK, C++, XML, MS-Visual Studio
- 2009 Conference management software:
Refactoring and extending a software solution for distribution and presentation of Powerpoint media.
Environment: MS-Windows, Windows-SDK, C#, VB, .NET, MS-Powerpoint-API, MS-Visual Studio, multi-monitor configurations
- 2009 Presentation software for a supplier of construction materials:
Developing software for a customer's terminal, integrating speech support for counseling.
Environment: MS-Windows, Windows-SDK, C++, TAPI 3.3, (D)COM/ActiveX, MS-Visual Studio
- 2009 Panoramic photography: Calendar & Exhibition
Producing and selling a photo calendar, preparing and realising an exhibition of hi-definition panoramic photographs which have been created using my own software products.
Details: www.panorado.com, www.studiozehn.de
Environment: Camera equipment, PTGui stitcher, Panorado, image editing software
- 2002-2016+ Developing and selling interactive image viewing software:
Integrating the Java product into existing web presentations.
Environment: C++, Windows APIs, DirectDraw, Graphics libs, MS-Visual Studio;
- 2008 Hi-Performance Stereo Panorama Viewer:
Proofs of concept for a research project at the TU Berlin.
- 2008 Reference application for trade fair demonstration:
Graphical real-time visualisation of the output of acceleration sensor modules.
Environment: C++, MS-Visual Studio
- 2007 Working as a freelancer for a software company:
Design and implementation of a component for a TCO planning Web application for an automotive company. Inhouse project at the client company's office as a member of a developer team.
Environment: Tomcat, JSP, XBTK framework (MVC) with Struts- and AJAX-like features, Java, HTML, Eclipse IDE, MS-VSS
- 2007 Consulting a manufacturer of printing machine control software:
Case studies for implementing visual effects for MS-Windows-based application software.
Environment: C++, Windows APIs, DirectDraw, MS-Visual Studio
- 2003-2004 Components for a document management system manufacturer:
Object oriented COM interfaces for client/server communication using multiple forms of XML processing.
Inhouse project at the client company's office, highly integrated into the running software development process.
Environment: MS-Windows APIs, C++, VBA, ATL, STL, COM, XML & database management tools, MS-VSS, test tools
- 2001-2006 Some small projects:
Website development and support.
Developing programmable components of a CBT project (computer based training) using DHTML.
Java applet development.
Digital photography, image processing.
Developing an Excel-based controlling system for foreign chambers of trade.
- 1992-2001 Working as chief developer (freelancer) for a software company:
Designing and implementing software components for a highly configurable database system which was mainly used for office automation, mail administration and CRM (customer relationship management).
Six versions, integrating document management, telecommunication, MS-Office components, e-mail, internet links. Modular design of language specific resources.
The latest version was a complete redesign using COM/DCOM architecture. Features:
- DB server with transaction management,
- programmable frontend integrating VBA and document management,
- Reporting, telecommunication, data import/export components, etc.
Consulting about branch specific and user specific configurations. Conceptual design and specifications of the software project.
Design and test coordination.
Implementing core components (DB server and standard frontend).
Environment: MS-Windows APIs, C++, VBA, Script Languages, COM/DCOM, OLE Automation, MS-Visual Studio
- Cooperation with an expert for industrial control engineering:
Consulting about the Windows system environment, development of GUI components.
Using MS-Windows, Windows SDK, C, C++
- 1991 Working for the Berlin senate administration:
Introducing MS-Windows and a database application.
Environment: MS-Windows, Superbase, MS-Office
- 1990-1992 Working for an environmental research office:
Developing a data recording and reporting system. Integration of measuring devices. Working on a running database system.
Environment: MS-DOS, MS-Windows, Clipper, MS-Excel, Pagemaker
- 1989 Employee of an IT company:
Several client specific multiuser database solutions.
Clients: Bank, property management, event management.
Environment: MS-DOS, Novell Netware, dBASE, Clipper, GEM, MS-Windows
- 1987-1988 Working for an architectural and urban planning
Establishing a PC based network, co-working on urban planning expertises.
Collecting and processing large amounts of data, creating textual and cartographic reports.
Environment: MS-DOS, Novell Netware, dBASE, Framework, AutoCAD, MS-Windows
- 1985-1987 Working for an engineering office:
Writing technical documentation and developing database software.
Environment: MS-DOS, dBASE, text processing
- 2020-2021 PanoradoDoc - developing a web-based documentation system using panoramic images: